A few weeks ago we had writers’ retreat. Here is Mick & Kamina’s description on how to design your own.
Amid the writing, the relaxing, the eating and drinking there were also seminar sessions.
Kamina ran one on happiness: we identified “conditions, values or circumstances that align with deep-soul happiness” and highlighted ways to increase or establish more of those in our lives.
Stephen, my dear logical, analytical, rational engineer extraordinaire found it very helpful.
Turns out I don’t like these things.
- breakfast at start of the day
- fish and chips
- large groups of people
- long chunks of sleep or isolated rest
- binge watching tv
- being alone
Things I like more
- armchair reading in the sun
- slow breakfast after productivity
- walks along river
- cooking for people
- baths w jazz
- background music
- soft jumpers straight on skin
- learning about people’s passions
Last week was busy – grumpy became my default, impatience my rhythm – I needed to recharge.